Greetings from us all…
April has come and gone, with periods of busyness and times of quiet.
Just great, when it feels like everything is drying up for winter, this happens….
Joyful New life!
Find the joy…
Previous weekend was a weekend full of kids! 18 to be precise, it is really what Wyndford is about. Echoes of joy and squeals of delight… And like all Moms and Dads, a little me time is needed to refuel – as this lambs mom, who left her in the care of first Zazu and then Sprocket!
Excellent Babysitters ….
Really can’t imagine that Molly would have been quite so patient!
May Madness and looking ahead…
In the Marvellous Month of May we are offering everyone a 40% discount for the whole month… which also includes Mother’s day (just saying) for two nights or longer. Book directly on our website or call reception for this offer…
Looking ahead to June…Moms… May is your month but have you thought of planning a special treat for Dads… and coming to Wyndford for Fathers day? Win win, you both get a weekend of downtime and enjoy some relax and recharge time. Get in early and book for the long weekend 16/17/18 June… Round up some friends, family and spend time relaxing, catching up and being well fed! The fire is lit…
- Luxury – R1900.00 per person sharing
- Standard – R1400.00 per person sharing per night
- Economy – R1000.00 per person sharing
This package includes; three meals per day, all guided hikes, evening games, tennis, swimming, pool, snooker, fuze ball, table tennis, zip line, river tubing, abseiling, early morning coffee/Milo brought to your room, Morning and afternoon tea with home bakes, jungle gym and forest tree houses and bowls.
- Luxury R1600.00 per person sharing
- Standard R1100.00 per person sharing per night
- Economy R700.00 per person sharing
- Breakfast R115.00
- Lunch R185.00
- Dinner R250.00
- Single Supplement Rate at R250.00 per night extra
- Children 2 – 12yrs at 50% off the Adult Rate
- Children under 2yrs stay for FREE
- Pensioners Rate at 30% off the full board rate out of season
- 20% discount for a 4 night or longer stay out of season
- Horse Riding can be provided at an extra cost
The sale of Wyndford is an ongoing work in progress, as it has been for the last four years. In the meantime, we keep going in the place we are all privileged to call work and home – a lifestyle choice to be sure!
Our Thea and Mimi out from London..
Simba is currently off on leave – but don’t worry we have an excellent team of cooks! Braden and Emma have decided to move to the city and we wish them well. George and I have just had the joy of recently introducing our granddaughters to Wyndford and we got to see how special a place Wyndford is, from a different angle!
Now, after 44mm rain over the weekend it definitely feels like a soup day so enjoy… (even I can make this one!)
Carrot and Cumin Soup (Serves 6)
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 small brown onion – sliced
- 4 cups of Water
- 2tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- 8 large Carrots
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- ½ Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- Clean and cut carrots in half. In a pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add vegetable stock, carrots and water and bring to the boil. Add the spices, orange juice and coconut milk. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until carrots are soft and tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly the puree in a blender. Return to heat to warm up and add salt to taste. Finish with a drizzle of coconut milk and a sprinkle of paprika… simple as that a (((hug))) in a mug!